Friday, July 01, 2022

Still Just a Geek: An Annotated Memoir

Still Just a Geek: An Annotated MemoirStill Just a Geek: An Annotated Memoir by Wil Wheaton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I visited Wil Wheaton's blog a couple of times in the early 2000's, and also recall seeing the Use.net vitriol towards his Star Trek character Wesley.
I also chuckled when I saw "Evil Wil" in The Big Bang Theory, but that was about all I knew about him.
Then I heard that he was really good at narrating audiobooks and confirmed it with John Scalzi's delightful The Kaiju Preservation Society

(view spoiler)

Other reviews claim it is rather repetitive; this work is based on a collection of blog posts over the years, so yeah, he will revisit several themes.

My only complaint about the audiobook is that some of the Epilogue chapters are chopped in a way that interrupts a theme halfway through, to end it 5 minutes into the next chapter and begin another one.

Highly recommended.


View all my reviews

No comments: